Monday, June 25, 2007

Craigslist is just okay.

I put up a huge list of things and lots of people have emailed me. A lot of people want me to sell a brand new Bosch gas dryer for which I paid $1,300 only eight months ago for $200. Others come out after agreeing on a price over the phone only to start haggling all over again. Others just don't show up at all. Ah well. I have time. I'll just relist stuff every week until it's all gone. I have other places to list, too.

Today, I have a big list of things I need to do.
1. Email my contact in India - I need the name and address of the pet location people and need to agree on a price in order to go to the vet and start the International Health certificates. I also need the exact street address of the office and two references' complete contact information to complete the forms for the visa. I also still need an ETA on the paperwork.
2. Mum's going to pay for the shipping of all of my stuff that has to go back home (thank you, thank you, thank you). We were quoted a price of $2800 to get a pod from Aurora to Boston, but I found a company called doortodoor.com that can do it for half that. I need to email her to find out when it will arrive.
3. I need to get through to the consulate. I still need to confirm the rules for importing pets, the employment visa, and any vaccines that are required.
4. I have to contact Will's school (again) to get his school records. I emailed the Calcutta International School to get more information about the process. They started school June 15th, so I'll need to know how we manage the transition. Haven't heard back.
5. Cash out my 401Ks and pay the big penalties.

I'm not sleeping well. All this turmoil and change hasn't been good for Will or the pets either. Sometimes I get so filled with self-doubt about making this decision, I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. But I'm able to reason my way through - our standard of living, ease of travel once we're established, the dream job with the very big challenges, the great school with an amazing record of excellence and a culturally diverse student body... it will be great for everyone. It's just the move itself and the time it's taking that is stressful, plus the sadness of leaving friends and family. My finances are hitting a critical point now, too. I don't know whether to buy my tickets now or wait until everything has come through. There are so many balls in the air, and I feel like I'm juggling with one hand...

No comments:

Christmas Tree Widget By 123greetings.com